What we can do
Our roles vary based on the requirements for each event and the organiser’s requests. Some of our roles have included:
- Safety Escort – Increasing the presence of event participants through a continuous flow of motorcycles in the area. This may include working with police to maintain a rolling road closure. Through patrolling of a lap style course we are constantly checking on athletes and resolving issues as they occur.
- Lead Escort – Giving an advanced warning to other motorists of something ahead and allowing the leading group to have a guide on the course. We can also carry transponders for athlete location on course.
- Technical Official Transport – For events such as Triathlon and Ironman, officials are a vital part of the race and motorcycles are the best vehicle for ensuring compliance with rules and allow communication between athlete and official.
- Media Transport – All events need media coverage and the media need safe transport that has a low impact on the event. This includes still photo, video and live to air.
- Other transport – From transporting medics to doctors and VIPs, motorcycles are the best option when working amongst crowds and participants.